I finally finished the shawl I started last year, it is now a huge biased shawl with wonderful drape. The colours are a bit fuller than I thought but it is a darker colour yarn and it’s still nice.
I also finished my cocoon but I haven’t taken a full body photo yet. It’s quite heavy now but the cotton is very smooth and soft to wear.
There’s still a bit left with testing that TC blanket pattern and I really should get it done.
As much as I love Tunisian crochet and enjoy testing the pattern, my brain needs a break from counting stitches. So back to my coocoon cardigan that I put down months ago that I can work on without thinking. A few more rounds than it's joining time!
As you may recall I finished this blanket a while ago as a house warming gift to my friends who have just moved back to the country to Melbourne. I was down there visiting on the weekend and finally gave it to them.
THEY LOVED IT!
It somehow happened to have matched they decorating colours which is really lucky because I finished the blanket before they finished furnishing the apartment. It was the perfect size for their couch and they said it’s quite warm. I am super glad that it works out so well.
I’m still testing patterns currently so there won’t be any progress pictures for a while. But the good news is I’ve been approached to do tutorial videos for someone so hopefully we’ll get those details ironed out soon!
I’ve started testing another Tunisian crochet pattern and this time it’s a square blanket. Obviously can’t post pictures of that yet, but I recently received a free sock pattern from Made for you by Fi because I tested a pattern urgently for her. I frogged the planned pooling blanket I started because I just cannot get the stitches even enough to pool nicely so they are now gonna be socks instead! The stripes are working out nicely. Slow going since it’s SC all the way and it’s going to be knee high, but it’s a sampler pattern so I’m very excited about how it will turn out!
Still can’t post pictures of the patterns I tested but I got a few other finishes now.
Made this lapghan with baby chenille for my use when at my friend’s house. As cozy as this thing is, boy was it not fun to work with it! Can’t see the stitches at all… But it is cuddly and I now know I don’t like chenille.
Finally finished the border for the blanket that I finished joining ages ago because I was busy testing. Which is good because I booked tickets to fly down to Melbourne early July! It’s so pretty though…
And this was a pattern from subscription box from Crate Crochet. The merino is very soft and I loved the colour I was sent. I made my own pom pom as well and the whole thing is very cute
I’ve been a busy little bee, testing 2 crochet pattern back to back. Of course I can’t share any of those yet since the patterns are not released, but I’ve found some time to update my temperature cross stitch over the weekend.
I’m still few days off from being completely up to date but since I haven’t written anything here for a month I figured I might as well post a progress picture.
You can see the temperature dropped a bit as soon as Australia hit the autumn months. The day time is still quite warm but there’s definitely a chill in the mornings and evenings. Can’t wait till winter is here so I can use the crocheted items I did for test!
Autumn is finally here in Brisbane, and poor Leeloo looked like she was a bit cold this morning, so I whipped up a little jumper for her to wear. She has already gotten out of it but she seems to be relatively happy wearing it. At least she’s not complaining about being cold.
I also started making the Alicia Rug, I’ve finished it to the designed size but I’ve decided to make it bigger since my lounge room is quite big. But I’ve run out of yarn so I haven’t finished it yet.
I’ve also been testing two patterns which was why I haven’t written anything lately… Can’t post pictures before the pattern is release but oh gosh the pieces are pretty! One’s a cape and the other is a shawl, perfectly timed for winter haha
Love it! Now my glasses will rest happily on this Monster head every night on my bedside table.
Pattern found on Facebook, used 4mm hook and 2 strands of Patons classic totem 8 ply
Pretty stoked about the new hooks! Let’s see how they compaire with the ones I’ve been using.